St. Andrew's Episcopal Preschool
Founded in 1985, our school provides 2, 3, and 5 day options of classes for two to five year olds, in an environment where each child can develop cognitively, emotionally, socially, physically, and spiritually. While we proudly claim our heritage as an Episcopal school, Chapel services and conversations about God are rooted in a commitment to respecting the faith of all traditions.
- School year begins the second week of September through late May
- Small student/teacher ratio
- Teachers are required to complete at least 12 hours of early childhood training annually
- Children must be 2 years of age by March 31 to begin our program in September
- Registration and placement in classes is not based on race, religion, gender, or ethnic origin.
- Member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) & the Mid-Atlantic Episcopal Schools Association (MAESA)
Preschool Philosophy about Early Childhood Development:
- There is joy, depth, and purpose in children's play. They thrive when they are able to explore, experiment, and test things for themselves.
- Each child is an individual and an important person.
- Children gain deeper understanding of a subject when they make connections across several disciplines.
- Teachers are actively engaged with the children - asking questions, offering new ideas, and encouraging conversations between students.
- Parents are always welcome in the classroom, and teachers regularly consult with them about their child's progress through conferences, anecdotal records, e-mail, phone calls, and at pick up and drop off.
We are always eager to answer your questions and provide more information about our preschool.
St. Andrew's Episcopal Preschool Contact Information: