St. Andrew’s is in a time when we are as active as ever but in new ways. Our worship and ministry continues and is as important as it ever has been. As we look towards an eventual regathering, we too look to an active and vital ministry here and now.
We too are taking steps to plan a safe regathering with guidance from national and local authorities in addition to our own diocese. We will provide updates and faith resources on this page.
The main health metric we look to as we seek to re-enter our building is for Fairfax County and surrounding areas to have fewer than 5 positive Covid-19 cases per 100,000.
We have received the following permissions:
- 01/15/21 – Diocese of Virginia has asked that we pause all outdoor and indoor worship throughout the diocese until further notice.
- 12/18/20 – Bishop Susan issues directive to refrain from outdoor worship except for Christmas.
- 12/04/20 – Our plan for regathering indoors (once we meet health metrics) approved by the Diocese of Virginia.
- 11/18/20 – Renewed approval to record or have live worship streamed from the Sanctuary with up to 10 participants.
- 11/16/20 – AA limited to 25 people Indoors.
- 10/21/20 – Vestry approves indoor gatherings for AA (with strict guidelines)
- 08/25/20 – Permission from the Diocese to hold worship services outside with up to 83 participants
- 07/13/20 – Vestry Approved Preschool plan for re-opening in full support
We continue to have high quality, online worship at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, 8:00 & 10:00 a.m. Sunday, and 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays. We will hold outdoor worship, weather permitting, at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays. Outdoor formation will continue every other week at 11:00 a.m. with a 45 degree temperature threshold. If we fall below 45 degrees, formation will continue online. Adult formation, every other week, will continue to be online on Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
- Sundays @ 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays @ 10:30 a.m.
Please reach out to Father Will Packard (email@example.com) and/or email prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.